The aviation industry is uncompromising when it comes to the reliability of its aircraft; planes must stay in the air all the time. It is just as demanding when it comes to performance. Over the past 30 years aircraft have become quieter, more fuel efficient and easier to operate.
Unfortunately, when it comes to Ground Power Units (GPUs), there have been few technological advances in recent years. Every major manufacturer of GPUs, except for one, still offers machines that were state-of-the-art in the 1970’s and 1980’s, but in the 21st century fall short of the standards applied in other areas of the aviation industry. Ground crew and maintenance staff still labour with Ground Power Units that are unreliable, noisy and difficult to operate.
In 2003, JETALL GPU was formed to provide users a better machine, at a lower cost. The result is a reliable, quiet, fuel-efficient and easy-to-use GPU, suited to both commercial and military use. JETALL GPU is the one GPU manufacturer that makes ground support units for the 21st century.
As a Canadian company, JETALL GPU understands how users operate this type of machinery in all types of conditions: severe weather, various frequencies of use, assortment of aircrafts. JETALL GPU can recommend the optimal type of GPU for your operations and will provide you with the post-sale maintenance recommendations and replacement part lists, including costs and where to buy your own parts. With that said, operating a JETALL GPU will achieve lower maintenance costs for your operations.
When it comes to the bottom line, JETALL GPU’s save their operators money, with less maintenance staff required, lower fuel bills, shorter set up times and less delayed flights due to unreliable GPUs.
Summary of advantageous features
- Designed and tested to satisfy power quality specifications, suitable for the rigorous demands of modern aircraft electrical systems.
- Marathon alternator, brushless, synchronous unit designed for heavy-duty applications.
- Perkins diesel engine, four or six cylinders, electronic governor, emissions certified to EPA Tier III.
- State-of-the-art digital controller monitors engine sensors that assure power quality limits are not exceeded.
- Control panel affords the operator a simple menu of all the significant engine and output power parameters in an analog presentation.
- Trailer cart has heavy duty wheels and turntable steering for easy maneuvering, tow bar activated parking brake.
- Use of reliable components from world-class suppliers.
- Frame made from steel, Commercial “C” Channel
- Enclosure panels made from 12 gauge corrosion resistant rolled steel.
- Finish in hot Powder Coating that provides excellent resistance to weather and chemical agents
- All control components are set up in a modular drawer fashion, ready to be exchanged by using “Plug Out/Plug In” style control panels.
- Spare parts are commercially available in the open market.
- Suitable for civil and military applications